JayT 0 Newbie Poster

The original problem was after restart. When I restarted my laptop, the computer brought up a PXE boot screen. It prompty failed to load and then displayed "No Operating System Detected". Since the hard drive was old, I figured I would upgrade the drive and backup data since I could mount the drive with a LiveCD. I replaced the hard drive and reinstalled Ubuntu without a hitch. Then last night, it gave me the same error. I tried editing menu.lst by commenting out everything except recovery mode, however now it simply brings a blinking underscore on reboot.

I had been trying to setup an emulator prior to the second hard drive failure. The settings I had played around with dealt with IRQ's, so that may have something to do with it (However, I turned them off when I booted with the LiveCD and it still brought the same error). Is there anything I can do besides reformat?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.