:rolleyes: i recently installed a new sony dvd drive in my dell optiplex gxp1 mid tower. when i loaded the drivers from the software provided w/ the dvd, i booted the system as instructed. i assume my installation of cable & jumpers are correct :?: i removed a cd rom from the top bay. it already has a cd/rw drive in it. now this is the catch, the dvd works fine audio & video no glitches. every time i boot black screen comes up w/ warning the cover has been removed,then goes ahead & proceeds to boot successfully. can not go into bios settings. what could be the culprit :?: i made sure cover was installed back correctly. it has a sw on the frt. side of case

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by compnutt

compnutt,

Why can't you get into BIOS? You'll need access to the BIOS settings in order to reset the security setting.

J_

i believe i fixed the problem. i found out what buttons to push to get to bios. and also figured out how to reset bios to default. there is a setting in bios to set the cover to default so it won't say that when it boots up. i also believe i had the jumpers set wrong, cause when switched them in reverse order it finnally starting working properly. i set the jumper on the dvd drive to master & the cd/rw drive to slave. then installed the audio cable to the mother board not to the sound card. thanks for the info.david!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.