I want to download Fedora (Red Hat) Linux, but there are a ton of files on the websites. Do I download some? one? all? Is there a way to download them all without clicking all of them? And then, after that, how do I install it?, I want to partition my drive.

Hopefully someone can answer my numerous questions.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Pick your country from http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/7/

Then navigate to releases/7/Fedora/i386/iso and download F-7-i386-DVD.iso . Then you (obviously) burn it to a DVD, but you have to make sure you don't just burn the file to the disk: you need a special iso burning application. One such program is InfraRecorder.

Regarding your question on hard drive partitioning: I can't really give much more information until you describe what kind of a setup you're trying to achieve. If you're aiming for a dual-boot setup with Windows, you'll need to do some partition shrinking before starting the Fedora installation.

fedora will guide you through the partioning setup, but it would be good to plan ahead and make sure you know what you want to do.

maybe you would like a tool like acronis director to resize partitions without losing data... there another open source tools but I'm not tested yet

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.