I am trying to install a new program that requires the .net framework 3.5. I currently have .net framework 1.1 installed on my computer and cannot install any other version (2.0, 3.0 or 3.5). I've tried several times to install one of the other .net framework versions, but have had no success. Can anyone help?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I am trying to install a new program that requires the .net framework 3.5. I currently have .net framework 1.1 installed on my computer and cannot install any other version (2.0, 3.0 or 3.5). I've tried several times to install one of the other .net framework versions, but have had no success. Can anyone help?

hi ,did you uninstall net framework 1.1 first.
also what version of windows are you using

Yes, I uninstalled .net framework 1.1, restarted my computer, then attempted to install .net framework 3.5. I am running Windows XP, service pack 3.

I've tried to install .net framework both ways--direct download and via windows update. Both ways give me an error and will not allow me to complete the .net setup.

Both ways give me an error

ah ,what did the error say exactly.

I get Error Code: 0x643 when trying to install from the microsoft update.

do you get message with the direct download install .

go here and get the windows installer clean up tool ,then follow instruction and install all previous version before install 3.5

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.