Hi All,

I have hosed my site on Amazon and my IP is 175.41.140.91 and domain name is 100bestbuy.com
But when i am typing in browser its not giving any response
But is pinging and connecting through fillezilla and putty.

Please can any one help me.

C:\Users\chand>ping 100bestbuy.com

Pinging 100bestbuy.com [175.41.140.91] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 175.41.140.91: bytes=32 time=141ms TTL=51
Reply from 175.41.140.91: bytes=32 time=155ms TTL=51
Reply from 175.41.140.91: bytes=32 time=134ms TTL=51
Reply from 175.41.140.91: bytes=32 time=134ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 175.41.140.91:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 134ms, Maximum = 155ms, Average = 141ms

C:\Users\chand>

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

seems like a tricky way to get us to go to 100bestbys ,worked for me ,you computer must be broke and needs to be replaced ,lol

give this a try ,open internet explorer ,go tools internet options /advanced and click reset internet explorer settings ,hit reset ,good luck

Are you experiencing this issue from only one computer, or a subnet, or from different locations? Did you try a different browser on your computer?

The site is obvisouly up since at least caperjack was able to access the page.

When it comes to troubleshooting web site issues, using the PING command is not the best test. For example, while you may get a response from pinging the host name, the fact that you receive a reply is an indication that the server is online and ICMP packets are allowed to flow between both systems. However, that is not an indication that the web server is working as expected. In addition, while a web server is functional, there could be issues at the web site level.

Accessing the web site via IP, is not going to work on a web server that host multiple websites that share a common IP address. In your case, if the web server has at least two web sites (it likely has hundreds) bound to the same IP, then the web server is using host headers to get the traffic routed to the correct website.

>

Hi, Thanks for reply. I have done what u said but its not working
try this and reply me. Thanks

does nottin but open a white page

Hi,
Can you telnet to 175.41.140.91 on port 80?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.