Hello,
My question is that i have an RJ45 ethernet cable which provides me with internet access on my PC. I have an Iball ADSL2 router which has two ADSL ports and One USB cable.
Is there a way i can use my internet connection to create a wifi (or just wireless) Access point, without buying much of hardware??
Please Reply!

Regards
Samtheogre

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I'm guessing just make sure your router is a wireless router and make sure you have a wireless network card and then connect to the router wirelessly.

I'm not really a networking person

I'm guessing just make sure your router is a wireless router and make sure you have a wireless network card and then connect to the router wirelessly.

I'm not really a networking person

i have an NIC in my pc,would that work?

If it's a wireless one it should do

well i dont know whether it's wireless or not. If it's not wireless, How much a wireless one would cost??

If i'm honest other than just trying to establish a connection without the use of an ethanet cable i don't know how to check if it's wireless, i've only recently graduated as a software engineer so networking isn't my area but you can pick one up for around 15GBP

thanks got it!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.