Hi there, i'm new to this community, but need URGENT help with two questions. i'm doing a subject on computer science, and regretfully my book is to know help in assisting me to answer the following two questions...if any one can help, it would be greatly appreciated

QUESTION 1

write boolean expression in sum-of-minterms form: F(A, B, C) = A

show all steps in m-notation (do not use truth table or karnaugh map)

QUESTION 2

use only boolean algebra to simplify boolean expression. first determine f1 and f2 then simplify showing all steps.

F1 = x'(wy')' + x'wy'
F2 = (xw +w')'
F(w, x, y) = F1 + F2

i would really appreciate it. i have no idea what is going on here and really need help as my assignment needs to go in ASAP.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hopefully a failing grade will teach you to pay attention in class.

Hopefully a failing grade will teach you to pay attention in class.

well, think i would have been able to pay attention in class if i did have any classes to attend!

Then replace "pay attention in class" with "learn the material in time to do the damn assignment".

Then replace "pay attention in class" with "learn the material in time to do the damn assignment".

what is wrong with you?!
obviously you can't help me, so then just ignore my post!

As i said, my prescribed book doesn't cover that!! and i've been trying to learn it off google with no luck. i'm not asking someone to do it for! i was asking for help in doing it!

so before people think i'm coming here for freebies..this is what i've concluded it should be:

F(A, B, C) = A
= AB(C + C') + A' (B + B')C
= ABC + ABC' + A'BC + A'B'C
= M7 + M6 + M3 + M1

if i'm right

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.