i am new both to this forum and to the programming world but
I know a little of java programming, html and am really interested in becoming a full time java programmer or developer..
But get confused when i read about visual basics
Pls i need clarificatiions and opinions thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

If you're interested in becoming a Java developer, why does Visual Basic even come into the picture? It's a completely separate langauge. Yes, learning more than one language is a good idea, but I honestly don't understand what your question is or why you're asking it.

I say, always use the right tool for the job. This may be java, or .net, depending on the job.

Looking at your confusion, I supposed you are interested in Java but also considering in learning VB. It is quiet common to be in such a confusion esp. if we are in the phase of "curios" on programming languages. Any technical clarification you can search about it on the net, the articles are widespread all over the place.

While as for opinion, in my humble opinion both Java and VB has its own strengths and weaknesses. I, myself, prefer Java over MS products. To choose between one, it depends on your needs of learning a language. I am interested in enterprise scale application and in web focusing on its security. For me, Java suits my needs more rather than MS products. So if I were you, I would start by where you lay your focus on. Learning languages is one simple thing and you can learn it fast. To master one, it takes more than just simply curiosity. It takes dedication and off-course passion.

I say, always use the right tool for the job. This may be java, or .net, depending on the job.

Visual Basic is never the right tool for the job. .NET may be, but not Visual Basic.

Second jwenting. I recommend learning java instead of visual basic, also because Microsoft has stated that VB won't be supported in the future.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.