Hello..

I wonder if there is any program (in any platform) that reads captcha.??

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You realize that captcha is designed to thwart OCR engines, right? Tesseract in particular is pretty weak as an OCR engine and would likely have an extremely poor read percentage on all but the worst of captchas. The only thing going for it is being open.

You realize that captcha is designed to thwart OCR engines, right? Tesseract in particular is pretty weak as an OCR engine and would likely have an extremely poor read percentage on all but the worst of captchas. The only thing going for it is being open.

I know that till date there is no software or program developed which is capable of reading
captcha..

but there are some softwares which can create any number of captchas. (then why not we atleast TRY to develop that reads ca..)

So my intend is to know whether any technology exists which supports building those and are there any related stuff regarding that.

Think posiA positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ~Herm Albright, quoted in Reader's Digest, June 1995

I know that till date there is no software or program developed which is capable of reading captcha..

I'm sure there's software that makes attempts (google would know). The very fact that captcha is an evolving tool shows that it's continually broken and made stronger. But OCR (and ICR in this case) for randomized words with forced obfuscation designed to confuse recognition isn't a trivial problem.

May I ask why you're looking for such software?

but there are some softwares which can create any number of captchas.

Well, creating a captcha is far far easier than reading it because the obfuscation doesn't need to be reversible. You just apply transformations that make it harder to perform recognition (based on what's known of OCR weaknesses) without worrying about making the image readable again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.