I'm attempting to run a few Subversion commands on the command line of WinXP, but it keeps telling me: " 'svn' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

I'm pretty new to SVN, so I don't know why its not working. Obviously there's something that I'm missing in order to get these to work.

Thanks!

I'm attempting to run a few Subversion commands on the command line of WinXP, but it keeps telling me: " 'svn' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

I'm pretty new to SVN, so I don't know why its not working. Obviously there's something that I'm missing in order to get these to work.

Thanks!

You just need to set your PATH environment variable to include wherever SVN is installed. For example, C:\Program Files\Subversion\bin --but substitute wherever your 'bin' folder is.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.