Hi everybody, i really need your help, im not good at designing pseudocodes but i need someone to help me out in making this pseudocode for my assignment.. here is my assignment :

The Micah-11 hardware outlets require an inventory control program that is to accept order details for an item, and update it into the inventory database. The program should be interactively conducting a dialogue on the screen for the input values. The program is to get the input details, calculate product’s quantity on hand and display them on the screen.

Initialization
User inputs two products’ item number, product description and their initial quantity on hand. If an item number does not have precise five digits number range from ‘10001’ to ‘20000’, an error message is to appear on the screen and request for a new input value.

Order process
User enters the item number to search for the product information and the initial quantity on hand. The system will receive the order quantity and update it into the inventory database.
If the quantity on hand is zero, the message “Out of stock” is to appear on the screen.
If the quantity on hand is sufficient to meet the order (order quantity <= quantity on hand), one line is to be printed on the screen.
The requested product is out of stock.

If the quantity on hand is sufficient to meet the order (order quantity <= quantity on hand), one line is to be printed on the screen.
The inventory order was updated successfully.

If the quantity on hand is insufficient to meet the order (order quantity > quantity on hand), the order is to be filled partially by whatever stock is available. As the result, the quantity on hand will become zero instead of negative value. For this situation, a message “Order partially fulfilled” should appear on the screen.
The inventory order was partially fulfilled.

Your program is to continue to process inventory orders until a value of ‘-1’ is entered for the item number. None of the other entry details will be required after the value ‘-1’ has been entered.
Your final solution should contain:
• A pseudocode algorithm OR
• A flowchart algorithm

THAT WAS MY ENTIRE ASSIGNMENT QUESTION... PLEASE HELP!!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Pseudocode is just a formalized list of steps, there really aren't any rules beyond generally trying to remain consistent and logically sound.

So your job is to break the assignment into component parts. What steps are involved? What order are the steps in? For example, it's not unreasonable to have user input as the first step because that kicks everything off. So what happens after user input? You need to organize the cause and effect of this program in your mind, then formalize it into steps. Those steps can then be further formalized into pseudocode or a flowchart.

By the way, our homework rule states that you must provide some proof of effort. Just plopping your assignment down and expecting any kind of meaningful help is both nonsensical and a violation of our rules.

Please just provide me the pseudocode... plzz plz plzz

commented: Do your own homework -2

Ì don't think this is the right website for you if you want people to "provide" you the code. If you can't even attempt at trying to solve the problem, you should switch majors.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.