Hi there,

I am 18, in my second year of A Levels in the UK. For my computing course this coming year, I must choose to program a project which will be practically used by somebody. At this I have drawn a blank having asked around.

Getting an A in my AS computing examination this year - and 94%, I am a fairly competent programmer, and a lot of time will be invested into the project. It will therefore be of a a fairly decent standard.

Previous projects in previous years have included a 'recording studio' and a invoicer for a tennis club. Last year I programmed a booking system for a village hall and it achieved an 'A' grade. The project would have to have a little input from the client, to specify exactly what they're after, review the programs progress, etc. The program would have 6 months investment and would be completed around April 2007.

I'm not really sure if I'm asking the right people in this forum but if you have any programming projects you think may be appropriate or you know of anyone who would need something please do reply! I welcome any suggestions and will get back to anyone as soon as I can! Obviously I would work for free as it will be as much for my benefit as it is for yours!

Kind Regards

Hi there,

I am 18, in my second year of A Levels in the UK. For my computing course this coming year, I must choose to program a project which will be practically used by somebody. At this I have drawn a blank having asked around.

Getting an A in my AS computing examination this year - and 94%, I am a fairly competent programmer, and a lot of time will be invested into the project. It will therefore be of a a fairly decent standard.

Previous projects in previous years have included a 'recording studio' and a invoicer for a tennis club. Last year I programmed a booking system for a village hall and it achieved an 'A' grade. The project would have to have a little input from the client, to specify exactly what they're after, review the programs progress, etc. The program would have 6 months investment and would be completed around April 2007.

I'm not really sure if I'm asking the right people in this forum but if you have any programming projects you think may be appropriate or you know of anyone who would need something please do reply! I welcome any suggestions and will get back to anyone as soon as I can! Obviously I would work for free as it will be as much for my benefit as it is for yours!

Kind Regards

I had the same dilemma when I was doing my A-Levels - my advice would be to ask around small local businesses. I made a parts/inventory database (and frontend) for an engineering company in the end and did pretty well with it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.