I am to create a form with 2 text boxes to receive numbers as input and 1 command button that displays a message box containing the larger of the two numbers. To do so, I need to write code in the Click event of the command to call a user-defined function named FindLargestNumber. Pass it 2 arguments(textboxvalues) and display the result in a message box. Write code in the FindLargestNumber function to determine the larger number and return result to the calling procedure(command button Click event).

Can anyone help me out on this? Here's my code thus far, which isn't working:

Option Compare Database

Private Sub cmdCompare_Click()

If Number1 > Number2 Then
MsgBox "txt.Number1.value"
ElseIf Number2 > Number1 Then
MsgBox "txt.Number2.value"
End If

End Sub

Public Function FindLargestNumber(Number1 As Double, Number2 As Double)

End Function

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

This is roughly what you want. Don't know what you want for the result so I returned the value that was the largest.

Option Compare Database

Private Sub cmdCompare_Click()
   MsgBox "The largest number is " & FindLargestNumber(Me.Text1,Me.Text2)
End Sub

Public Function FindLargestNumber(dblNumber1 As Double, dblNumber2 As Double) As Double
  If dblNumber1 > dblNumber2 Then
     FindLargestNumber = dblNumber1
  End If

If dblNumber2 > dblNumber1 Then
     FindLargestNumber = dblNumber2
  End If

End Function

Thank you so much. I guess I had it somewhat backwards and mixed up.

I was just wondering about 1 more thing. What if the numbers were equal?

How would you handle that?

thanks, again.

I guess you'd have to add an:

If dblNumber 1 = dblNumber2 Then
  FindLargestNumber = dblNumber1
End If

or you can assign it whatever value you want.

hey I know how to Create a form Using Wizard. Can somebody plz tell me how to create from on which u place controls like Textbox,CommandButton.
Plz reply.

U all r talking in this thread abt the form In MS Acess or anyelse.

U all r talking in this thread abt the form In MS Acess or anyelse.

We weren't talking about a form. We were talking about a function. You should probably post a new thread for your questions.

hi clue,plz tell me I also want to create a form that add two nos, but I do not know form where to place Textboxes & command button on the form.plz tell me I will be very thankfulto you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.