Hi All,
I have put together a service delivery application in Access that needs to send SMS messages to technicians in the field. Any ideas on how I may achieve this?

Regards

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by peter_budo

Hi and welcome to DaniWeb. I don't have the solution to your question but I know it would help others if you provided a little more information like if the SMS messages are going to be sent out once a day at a certain time, or if you need to let all your techs know something at once via SMS? I know that you can send SMS Messages from your computer via MSN Messenger, AOL, I think you can even do it on Skype.

Hi and welcome to DaniWeb. I don't have the solution to your question but I know it would help others if you provided a little more information like if the SMS messages are going to be sent out once a day at a certain time, or if you need to let all your techs know something at once via SMS? I know that you can send SMS Messages from your computer via MSN Messenger, AOL, I think you can even do it on Skype.

The idea is to be able to SMS job details from the job record to the tech on demand. I have been looking at an application called Ozeki Message server which uses an odbc shared db to transfer the info (regularly scans the db on a set time) but would prefer having the capability within the access app instead of having to start up multiple apps.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.