I am running a .sql file against my database to build the tables. However Once i reach the Create tbl_static i recieve the following error on one of the insert statements:

MySQL said: Documentation
#1366 - Incorrect string value: '\x80\x99s Ba...' for column 'fld_description' at row 1

The Insert Statement at row 1 is as follows:

INSERT INTO `tbl_static` VALUES(1, '\r\n<html><head></head><body><table><tbody><tr><td align="left"><span class="main-text"><strong>Main Office Address:</strong><br />2800 W. March Lane, <br />Suite 340, Stockton, <br />Ca 95219. 209-957-3989.</span></td></tr></tbody></table><p /><p /><p /></body></html>', 'Contact-Us', NULL);

And the table is defined as follows:

CREATE TABLE `tbl_static` (
  `id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `fld_description` text NOT NULL,
  `fld_title` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  `image` text,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=12 ;

Where is the error???????

Recommended Answers

There is no issue with your SQL. Copy the data to a new file and run the new file.

Jump to Post

There might be some issue with file encoding. Because these queries can be executed without any problem if run on command prompt/GUI.

So the only thing that can create problem is file.

Jump to Post

All 5 Replies

There is no issue with your SQL. Copy the data to a new file and run the new file.

What is causing the issue then? I have copied the data to a new file, and recieved the same issue.

There might be some issue with file encoding. Because these queries can be executed without any problem if run on command prompt/GUI.

So the only thing that can create problem is file.

It is generally not a good idea to include markup in your data.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.