I am running a .sql file against my database to build the tables. However Once i reach the Create tbl_static i recieve the following error on one of the insert statements:

MySQL said: Documentation
#1366 - Incorrect string value: '\x80\x99s Ba...' for column 'fld_description' at row 1

The Insert Statement at row 1 is as follows:

INSERT INTO `tbl_static` VALUES(1, '\r\n<html><head></head><body><table><tbody><tr><td align="left"><span class="main-text"><strong>Main Office Address:</strong><br />2800 W. March Lane, <br />Suite 340, Stockton, <br />Ca 95219. 209-957-3989.</span></td></tr></tbody></table><p /><p /><p /></body></html>', 'Contact-Us', NULL);

And the table is defined as follows:

CREATE TABLE `tbl_static` (
  `id` int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `fld_description` text NOT NULL,
  `fld_title` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  `image` text,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=12 ;

Where is the error???????

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

There is no issue with your SQL. Copy the data to a new file and run the new file.

What is causing the issue then? I have copied the data to a new file, and recieved the same issue.

There might be some issue with file encoding. Because these queries can be executed without any problem if run on command prompt/GUI.

So the only thing that can create problem is file.

It is generally not a good idea to include markup in your data.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.