I wish to design a timetable for a school department. The timetable will have rooms (various), times (various), lecturers and subjects. There must not be a clash in rooms whereby a room cannot be booked at the same time as it is already booked.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance:-)

Marian

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Yes room should have uniqeid , make roomId as primary key in your database table.

You will need to create a RoomsTime entity. This entity will have two attributes: RoomsID and TimeID. You then need to make both of them into the compound key for the entity. This will ensure that no two rooms will have the same time scheduled. Each class can then have a foreign key that refers to the compound key.

Thank you for your help. Have been trying to find a resource which might show the tables and relationships involved but no luck. Have been working on it a while and running out of time. I very much appreciate your help though as that will most definately help.

Kind Regards
Marian

Hi

I have a similiar project. Have you managed to get any further. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

I have a similiar project. Have you managed to get any further. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Obviously not. So why don't you kick off and tell us what you made so far? This may catch someone attention and then that person may be willing to help you rather doing everything from scratch for someone who doesn't show any interest.

I am a member of timetable committee in my school. We were charged with the responsiblity of designing a clashless timetable with 67 teachers and various classrooms. which software can you rcomend for me as the team leader?

Hi friend i need a sample source code for School Time Table generator in .net please anyone tell me the details

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.