Hi Friends, I need your help.
Whenever I do a query on localhost it retrieves a value, but when I try on live it shows an error? What could be the problem?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for nicentral

What do you mean by live?

live I mean server

Ok, tell me if I am correct here. WHen you query the database from the local server, you get results, but when you query it from a remote server you get an error. Is this correct?

The error is as follows:

SELECT *
FROM room
WHERE room_no NOT
IN (
SELECT R.room_no
FROM room R, Booking B
WHERE R.room_no = B.room_no AND R.room_type = 'single' AND
B.arrival_date = '2005-03-16' AND B.departure_date = '2005-03-19'
)

LIMIT 0 , 30

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near
'SELECT R.room_no
FROM room R, Booking B
WHERE R.room_no = B.room

without knowing the schema, the only suggestion I can give you is to try the subquery on its own. If this doesn't work, then you have an issue with your subquery. Try the select subquery withtout the where clause. Basically, break the query down into manageable steps.

Andy

make sure your database connection string is for remote access and not limited to local.

How to maximaize the execution of mysql, coz i use a very large database. everytime i do query always comes up with maximum execution of 60 seconds elapse.., cant stand of that. is ther some way ??

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.