I want to install my own php script into my server (shared) but the moment I test my page, the following errors occurs.

Warning: main(): Unable to access ../includes/global.php in /home/linkme2u/public_html/paidmail/site/index.php on line 3

Warning: main(../includes/global.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/linkme2u/public_html/paidmail/site/index.php on line 3

Warning: main(): Unable to access ../includes/global.php in /home/linkme2u/public_html/paidmail/site/index.php on line 3

Warning: main(../includes/global.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/linkme2u/public_html/paidmail/site/index.php on line 3

Warning: main(): Failed opening '../includes/global.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/linkme2u/public_html/paidmail/site/index.php on line 3

Fatal error: Unknown function: dbconnect() in /home/linkme2u/public_html/paidmail/site/index.php on line 9

Please sombody give me step by step procedure on how to install php script with MySQL database.. I don't want to pay just for installation anymore.

Thanks,
Jun

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You need to show us the relevant lines.

Hmm looks like your permissions are wrong. You will need to use chmod to give the webserver access to the files in your script. Chmod 755 will probably be good, if that doesn't work go 777. If you use a ftp program you could try right-clicking on the file on the server and choose properties, this should give you access to change the files permissions. For more info google: chmod tutorial. There are lots of tutorials.

Dance

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.