Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by neotek

This is not to tell you how to do full-text search. You can find that on MSDN (google it). There must be step-by-step help out there.

I suggest that you need to maintain a "keywords" table and other table as where the keyword appears in the source. These tables are populated when main source is updated (use triggers if you are ok). So a search will lookup the keywords first and then the usage.

This is not to tell you how to do full-text search. You can find that on MSDN (google it). There must be step-by-step help out there.

I suggest that you need to maintain a "keywords" table and other table as where the keyword appears in the source. These tables are populated when main source is updated (use triggers if you are ok). So a search will lookup the keywords first and then the usage.

Thanks for the response. I agree there are step-by-step instructions but apparently there seems to be some conflict when incorporating various factors (near-match or inflectional) with the AND operator as well as the ability to find the words in the keyword field regardless of order or proximity to one another.

Again, if you or someone can see what we're trying to accomplish and knows of a more efficient and effective way -- we're all ears.

Thanks again.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.