heavens_cloud 0 Newbie Poster

Question: I just recently had a cut over for a web application using a SQL DB that was previously using xp_sendmail to dispatch messages to the users. In accordance with the cut over, xp_sendmail is no longer usable in Server 2005 and should be replaced with sp_send_dbmail.

Previously, the emails to the users was being distributed by a group address (something like "GRP USERSLIST") and the messages were going out normally.

However, after the cutover and switch the sp_send_dbmail, I received some notification from the users that they were no longer receiving messages from the system. I haven't found any hard documentation on it, but I changed the group address to the explicit address for the group (so from something like GRP USERSLIST to users@xxx.com) which fixes the issue. But I am still wondering if the @recipients parameter is only expecting explicit addresses or if it will take a group address.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has a definite answer on it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.