Hi
I want to convert Sql Server Database to Access Database ,

I have one database and it has different tables and view also.

please help me how to do this ?

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Make a new Access database. Go to the tables tab and right click in the large whitespace area. Select Import. You'll need an odbc connection to your SQL database. You can import all of your tables at once.

For your views, I would try copying and pasting the views SQL into queries. I don't think it will work to import them as queries, and there will probably be some differences in the SQL between Access and MS SQL.

galaxygal

Thanks
It works :)

Additionally, if you have to perform this task any more, its quite easy to build a SSIS package to do it for you. That way having a fresh new Access DB is only a click away.

Thanks

primary key is not available in th access database that available in sql server. how i solve this.

Primary Key in SQL Server is call Identity (as far as I Know), and the PK in Access is called, well, Primary Key, you just right click in the field you want it to be Pkey and activate the golden key icon; this is donde under Design View.
Remember to set the pkey to int and autoincremetal, to be compliant whit the atomic properties of a DB.

Hopes this helps

In vb.net, for the structures and data, well, i think that simple SQL queries will do. Just CREATE TABLE XYZ all the tables that are in SQL Server and INSERT INTO... the data.

Primary Key in SQL Server is call Identity (as far as I Know), and the PK in Access is called, well, Primary Key, you just right click in the field you want it to be Pkey and activate the golden key icon; this is donde under Design View.
Remember to set the pkey to int and autoincremetal, to be compliant whit the atomic properties of a DB.

Hopes this helps

In vb.net, for the structures and data, well, i think that simple SQL queries will do. Just CREATE TABLE XYZ all the tables that are in SQL Server and INSERT INTO... the data.

tq..

Thanks a lot:)

thanks. ya it really works. keep sharing with us

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.