Hi all,

I have designed an application in MS Access 2007 that will be used in some schools (over 60 schools).

Each time I start the application, it shows an alert in the message bar that the VBA macros are disabled, and gives me the option to enable it for the current session only.

I know that it can be solved by enabling macros from the Trust Center each time the database is started. The problem is that this way applies only to the current machine, and moving the application to any other machine will reset this setting and needs to do the same steps on the new machine.

Is there any way to automatically set the macros enabled, instead of giving each user a list of instructions how to set it manually?

Thanks

No, each computer has to have it set up. You can run a batch file to update registry settings (see here for more about the registry settings required).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.