This is my 2 tables.

account_details (account_number, nic, full_name, phone_number, address, gender, date_of_birth,__)

account (account_number, name_with_initials,account_type, fd_period,__)

I want to select records in both the tables. This is my SQL line.

$query ="SELECT account_details. nic,full_name,phone_number,address,gender,date_of_birth,account.name_with_initials,account_type,fd_period". "FROM account_details,account". "WHERE account_details.account_number=account.account_number";

The following error occurs.

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '.account_number=account.account_number' at line 1

Recommended Answers

May be

$query ="SELECT account_details. nic,full_name,phone_number,address,gender,date_of_birth,account.name_with_initials,account_type,fd_period"." FROM account_details,account"." WHERE account_details.account_number=account.account_number";
Jump to Post
$query ="SELECT ad.nic,ad.full_name,ad.phone_number,ad.address,ad.gender,ad.date_of_birth,a.name_with_initials,a.account_type,a.fd_period FROM account_details ad,account a WHERE ad.account_number=a.account_number";

In this code i have made alias of table account_details as "ad" and for account as "a".
And your error was that you have to write the name of fields along with table from which they are coming.

Jump to Post

All 5 Replies

May be

$query ="SELECT account_details. nic,full_name,phone_number,address,gender,date_of_birth,account.name_with_initials,account_type,fd_period"." FROM account_details,account"." WHERE account_details.account_number=account.account_number";
select *from account_details ad,account ac
where ad.account_number=ac.account_number
$query ="SELECT ad.nic,ad.full_name,ad.phone_number,ad.address,ad.gender,ad.date_of_birth,a.name_with_initials,a.account_type,a.fd_period FROM account_details ad,account a WHERE ad.account_number=a.account_number";

In this code i have made alias of table account_details as "ad" and for account as "a".
And your error was that you have to write the name of fields along with table from which they are coming.

@ IIM; I tried your query in my coding. But it retrieves all the records irrespective of the account number. I want to display ONLY the relevant record set?

You will need two different connections for two different tables.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.