Mahesha999 0 Newbie Poster

Hi there. I am learning SSAS using Wrox book.
I followed the tut in the book to create a project in BIDS (Business Intelligence Studio by Microsoft). Deployed the project in SSAS, which gave success status.

However while browsing it in Cube Editors browser pane it gave me error as below:
[image]

The details of the error are as follows:
[image]

When I browse it in SSMS (SQL Server Management Stdio) it shows the same error.

I googled for it. It indicates that this is something to do with DDL missing or misconfiguration may be msvcr71.dll or some other.

Before that let me tell you that I have Win 7 x64 on my laptop where I am getting the error. However when I ran the same project on my desktop with Win7 x86, it worked perfectly. Both the machine have installed SQL Server 2008 installed from the same installation disk. I dont know if SQL server comes for specifc architectures (x86 and x64). If so, it must have installed in compatibility mode in x64 machine, but still some dll files may have to configured. But I am not able to figure out whats wrong here.

And Yes that msvcr71.dll file is there in SysWOW64 in x64 machine. So that might not be the file of problem. I just found its name while googling for the error.

Please help. Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.