I have developed a web application and it works very well in the localhost. but when i put it to the web server the relationships in the table doesn't work. for example when a parent row is deleted all the child rows associated with it should be deleted. but it doesn't work as it does in the localhost.

webserver mysql version:
phpmyadmin localost version:

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by smantscheff

can anybody help im goning nuts here

I have developed a web application and it works very well in the localhost. but when i put it to the web server the relationships in the table doesn't work. for example when a parent row is deleted all the child rows associated with it should be deleted. but it doesn't work as it does in the localhost.

webserver mysql version:
phpmyadmin localost version:

Presumably you use InnoDB tables on your localhost and MyISAM tables on the web server. MyISAM does not support foreign keys with cascading updates and deletes, but it accepts the syntax without error messages.

Edited by smantscheff: n/a

Presumably you use InnoDB tables on your localhost and MyISAM tables on the web server. MyISAM does not support foreign keys with cascading updates and deletes, but it accepts the syntax without error messages.

below is the screen print of the mysqladmin page of my webserver. but it does not give the option to set InnoDB. what should i do nextt..?

Attachments fjfjfjf.jpg 29.93 KB
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.