Hey guys! I am building a data base in SQL server and am hoping to get some advice on frontends. The database is going to log and report on employee productivity. We would like to be able to use the frontend's forms to enter date time and project info in a very user friendly ui. We would also like to be able to access this front end from the field(offsite). I was thinking the best way to go about this would be to create a web interface using ASP.net with SQL Server as the backend but before I dive in, I wanted to see others recommendations. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Database is backand and frontant.

I think you may have misunderstood the question.

Hi jtodd,

That's the way to go. Your database is basically at the 'backend'. The user doesn't need to see this. You have to create a form of user interface (UI) that they can use to interact with the database. What you choose to implement this front end UI(e.g ASP.Net) is up to you. You know how to go about in creating the database, right?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.