hi im working on a project please have a look at the form i need to design the database but i think i will need to instered those info in mutiple tables. 63d1ebd9a2c0d208980442ded72fb618

hope some one can help me out with this one.the sss1 radio option corespond to the check box on the left. and so on.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

hi im working on a project please have a look at the form i need to design the database but i think i will need to instered those info in mutiple tables.

Is this a school project? My next question is very important did you create a database and the tables?

If you haven't done those yet plus you are not familiar with the query.

My suggestion is to at least understand how a query function and also how to write a query.

Read this:

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/mysql/mysql-select-query.htm

If you don't understand it then I don't think anyone can help you.

Plus no one will write that much query.

Maybe 1 or 2 query but you are asking a bunch of query that's like work without pay.

this is not a school project

its not queries im asking is how shoud i design the database layout meaning lay out tha tables
like on the for if someone select transport it must select between 1 and 2 for sss1 sss2 ect wich is a sub category of transport.

so how should i layout my db.when im storing the data should i make it store in multiple tables and join them on retrive?

hope you understand my concern

thanks

You'll need to explain what's what. Hard to give tips on the design from an image only.

In general, categories are usually separate tables, referenced by a foreign key. A list of linked items is an intermediairy table with ID's only.

the reason why im asking how shoul i design the db is because i will nee to query the db later as an advance search.

which may go some thing like this

select user from transport were sss1 = 2 and ss2 =1 and from food securty where ss1 =1 and ss3 =2 ect

cause if i store these sub cat en diffrent table than the parent cat i will have lots of joining to do

hope this make sense

If you don't explain clearly what they are and how they are used, we cannot advise.

What's wrong with joining?

Member Avatar for LastMitch

its not queries im asking is how shoud i design the database layout meaning lay out tha tables
like on the for if someone select transport it must select between 1 and 2 for sss1 sss2 ect wich is a sub category of transport.

The diagram you provided is just an web form.

Like what pritaeas mention you haven't been very clear what you want even I don't know what you are doing.

the reason why im asking how shoul i design the db is because i will nee to query the db later as an advance search.

OK, that diagram you provided is not an outline for creating querys later on.

You need to create something like this:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/workbench/en/wb-sakila-eer-png.html

or this

http://ostatic.com/mysql-workbench/screenshot/1

to make it more organized.

Create Table User_Information(Id int(11),Name varchar(15),Family_Name varchar 15,Age int(11),Transport varchar(15),Invironment varchar(15),Telecommunication varchar(15),Food_Security varchar(15),Institutional_Report varchar(15),Natinality varchar(20),Cv Varchar(20));

Try this.

ok LastMitch that what i was looking for how to layout my table. but ive figured it out.
i will create 3 tables
first one holding main detail like name email nationalyty and cv
second one will hold category transport enviroment ect
the third will hold sub category of each category and match them with the parent category id.

then when i do the query i'll join the tables. i thought i could hold all those data in one single table.

when i search the databse later on i will need to perform a mutiple field seacrh which include the category and subcategory with the radio button option.

i think what im saying is quite comfusing i will make another illustration to give a betterunderstanding of what i want to achive.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.