Group,

I may have made a huge mistake repairing SQL Server Management 2008 Express. Here are the details:

I'm running Windows 7 on a Toshiba Laptop.
SQL Manager 2008 had been installed and was working fine.
I had some registry errors popping up, so I ran ARO 2013 to do a clean up. Doing this caused SQL Server not to open.
I downloaded and ran the repair portion of SQL Server Mngmnt.

This does allow the program to startup. However I'm getting a error at login that says "A network-related or specific-instance error occured while establishing a connection to SQL Server was not found or was not accessible."

I've tried to open with both Windows Authentication and the Server Authentication with the password I had created orginally. I still can't get this to open.

Can someone help??

In advance, thanks for your help.

Don

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

A network-related or specific-instance error occured while establishing a connection to SQL Server was not found or was not accessible.

That error meaning you are not connected to the database. Is this on local (on your computer) or host server (online)?

To fixed that issue go to the

SQL Server Services

to see if it is Start?

and also what is your path before and after?

I've tried to open with both Windows Authentication and the Server Authentication with the password I had created orginally. I still can't get this to open.

What is your firework port?

LastMitch,

The server is Local. However I don't know what a firework port is. Consequently I can't answer. As suggested, I'll try SQL server services online.

Don

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.