Hello,

I want to make a conditional SQL. I have one table "users" and it has two columns (id, status)

I need to search for users IDs based on their status. For example.

Every 5 seconds I am querying from the database (by AJAX) as per the below description:

Let us say that I have the below results on my wall (on html):
id1: 1
status2: "A"

id2: 2
status2: "B"

I need to get IDs from table "users" but exclude the IDs from database if their statuses haven't changed on my wall.

So the algorithm should be:

Get all IDs from table "users" but exclude the IDs (1,2) from database (if and only if) their status = ("A", "B").

Simply, I need to retrieve all IDs including the IDs (1,2). But for the IDs (1,2): I need to retrieve them in case their corresponding statuses are NOT EQUAL ("A", "B") respectively.

But for IDs other than (1,2) like (3,4,5,...), I need to retrieve them without any condition.

I would greatly appreciate if the solution provides an excellent performance when the database records are huge and the check every 5 seconds.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Contributors
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by LastMitch

need to get IDs from table "users" but exclude the IDs from database if their statuses haven't changed on my wall.

Create a unique id to exclude the the id and also please post your query whatever you have done so far. It would be easier to read than actaully reading instructions.

Edited by LastMitch

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.