Hi,

We have MS sever 2012 and MSSql Server 2012. ODBC Connection in Server is fine.

But If create the odbc from Client PC (OS Windows 7 profession SP1), it could not connect

Error : Server not found or Access Denied.

Even in Admin level also, it shows same error.

Pls help me how to solve.

Regards

Maideen

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Since th error message indicates a possible network problem "server not found", you should validate that you have network connectivity to that system.

From a command prompt are you able to successfully PING the server by name?

When you see this error, it's happening during the creation if the odbc connection or when?

Mr.JoreM
I ve tried to connect from odbc coonect control panel->administrator tool
->ODBC. 2 client PC can connect to server using ODBC. but other 17 client pc show the error. Ping is ok by name and IP.

MS Server 2012
MSSQL 2012
Client OS Windows 7 profession with SP1

Really I cannot understand why like this.

Pls help me to solve.

2 client PC can connect to server using ODBC. but other 17 client pc show the error. Ping is ok by name and IP.

So can you try to determine what is in common with the two that can connect, and what is in common with the 17 that cannot?

Possibly a firewall issue, local firewall? Are all of these computers on the same subnet?

When you try to connect to the SQL server in the ODBC wizard are you specifying the full host name? i.e. sqlserver1.mydomain.com?

Does your target database require a specific user name and password to connect? i.e. is the SQL server configured for windows authentication or sql authenticaiton, or mixed?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.