I Have "user_chat" table name his 4 columns

"msg_id" Auto Increament
"chat_from_id"
"chat_to_id"
"chat_msgs"

SELECT `chat_msgs` from `user_chat` where chat_from_id='2'AND chat_to_id='10' LIMIT 0,10 

Also I have used DESC using above queary but not worked

I want to fetch last 5 recent records from "chat_msgs" columns

Suggest me.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

try to order the results by the msg_id descending

something like...
select chat_msgs from user_chat where chat_from_id='2' and chat_to_id='10' limit 0,10 order by msg_id desc

Jump to Post

my mistake. the limit statement should be at the end of the query.

Try referring to This StackOverflow Question if it is still not working after moving the limit statement.

Jump to Post

All 5 Replies

try to order the results by the msg_id descending

something like...
select chat_msgs from user_chat where chat_from_id='2' and chat_to_id='10' limit 0,10 order by msg_id desc

@Patrick: its not work i have checked.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'order by msg_id desc' at line 1

my mistake. the limit statement should be at the end of the query.

Try referring to This StackOverflow Question if it is still not working after moving the limit statement.

commented: @Patrick: Thank You +0
SELECT `chat_msgs` from `user_chat` where chat_from_id='2'AND chat_to_id='10' Order by MSG_ID DESC LIMIT 0,5

Above code will show you the 5 most recent chat

Limit 0,10 will gave you the 10 recent chat

Try this query :

select chat_msgs from user_chat where chat_from_id=2 and chat_to_id=10 order by chat_msgs desc limit 5
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.