this is the response i get (1045, "Access denied for user 'point3hu_leo'@'197.253.66.85' (using password: YES)")
Press any key to continue . . .

from pony.orm import *
db = Database()
db.bind('mysql',host= 'poin.com',user='pointeo', password = 'lxxxx',db = 'poi_data')

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Some things that can be wrong
1) That user doesn't exist
2) the username is wrong
3) the password is wrong
4) User exists but doesn't have access to that database

If you have direct access to the database you can check all of those out.

Hello,

If you have root access to the mysql server then you can run the following from the mysql prompt to get a list of users and permissions:

mysql> select user,host from mysql.user;

Will give you a list of users and hosts they are configured to have access from. If your user is in the list with the correct IP address then you can check the privledges with:

mysql> show grants for 'point3hu_leo'@'197.253.66.85';

Thanks, I've granted priviledges to the user and checked the password but I'm not sure why it still happens.

One other thing I will mention just in case, Is the script running from your local machine at the 197.253.66.85 address, or is it running on a server through a web browser? If it is running from w web browser then the IP addressw is the servers address or 127.0.0.1 or localhost. What will really tell you what is going on is the mysql log file. If you take a look through it you will be able to see the address that made the request as well as more information as to why it was refused (it could be the request came in under your IPV6 address not the IPV4.

the script is running on my pc as a python script trying to connect to server thats online. sorry for the last response

Some things that can be wrong 1) That user doesn't exist 2) the username is wrong 3) the password is wrong 4) User exists but doesn't have access to that database If you have direct access to the database you can check all of those out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.