Hello Group!

I've developed an app that takes the data in a text file and moves it to specific columns in an Excel file. My computer has the Excel 2010 installed. So the application works fine with no issues. However we've begun to upgrade computers and software in the office which means we are moving to Office 2016. I'm finding that my application doesn't behave well with Excel 2016. It stops part of the way through and simply won't finish.

The original application was built in Visual Studio 2010. It is using .NET Framework 4.5 and references Microsoft Excel 14.0 Object Library. I have rebuilt the app in Visual Studio 2015 but with the same parameters as listed above.

My question is: Are you aware of any compatibility issues with VB.net and the various versions of Excel and, if so, what should I being doing to address this?

I hope I'm explain and asking questions correctly. Therefore, please don't hesitate to ask any question that I (hopefully) can clear up.

In advance, thanks for your input.

Don

If I wanted to just fix a bunch of Excel files I'd be more inclined to look again at using http://www.datamystic.com/excelpipe.html which can also be scripted, called and doesn't rely on the installed Excel version.

Otherwise you have to dive into the issue you found until you found what it was. My bet is you'll need a new VS and object library. Microsoft is like that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.