Hi. I'm trying to set up an AMP system on my machine. It's called UwAmp. Anybody there to tell me how to setup the MySQL in this thing? Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Tell us what you mean by setup. I see UwAMP already packed in MySQL.

WampServer refers to a solution stack for the Microsoft Windows operating system, created by Romain Bourdon and consisting of the Apache web server, OpenSSL for SSL support, MySQL database and PHP programming language. Wikipedia

WIth set up I mean install ;)

Addition: If you know a better (W)Amp package, tell me.

I get this error when I open phpMyAdmin

#1045 Cannot log in to the MySQL server

I found a WAMP-package that works better now. The only problem is that phpMyAdmin gives an error when I run a .sql file.

Fout (error)

SQL-query:

/!40101 SET NAMES utf8mb4 /;

MySQL retourneerde: Documentatie (MySQL returned: Documentation)
#1115 - Unknown character set: 'utf8mb4'

What should I do?

I feel like a big noob right now... I'm just trying all different WAMP-programs and I haven't succeeded yet. Is there a WAMP-program that you would advise?

Not really. While I have used a few WAMPs and LAMPs, all have me configure MySQL and the other items. I get the feeling you want the WAMP to do all this for you but that's not really possible since any decent MySQL must have us setup users and passwords. Otherwise folk might install such things without any security.

Again, all the WAMPs and LAMPs I've used over the years worked fine but not one has us skip learning how to configure.

I've used USBWebserver for years, which has zero installation, just place it on your hrd disk or usb drive if you want to move from computer to computer and use it.
https://www.usbwebserver.net/webserver/
But has has been suggested, if all else fails, RTFM

commented: Thanks for this. I haven't used that one. +15
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.