Hello everybody I'm creating a Windows Desktop App using vb.net, I'm not very knowledgeble and I can say that I'm still a beginner. So I have this project where I'm trying to create a report form using ReportViewer where as after putting the ReportViewer control to my form and select the rdlc file and datasource this error suddenly pops up:
"Could not load file or assembly 'MySql.Data, Version=8.0.17.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c5687fc88969c44d' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)"
This only shows whenever I try to add a reportviewer control and put a datasource and rdlc in it. My mysql.data version is 8.0.19.0 so i don't really understand what's causing this also if important my project's target .NET Framework is 4.7.2.

How do I get rid of this i really need help! TIA!

Your project references an older version. Remove the reference to MySql.Data, save the project, then readd the reference to the version you have.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.