If this is in the wrong place, I apologize. I simply couldn't think of anywhere else to put it.

I've recently been attempting to decipher a set of files with the extension .wbo. The files themselves appear to have been part of a database setup, but I don't know what db format (if any) it was in; the files are simply seperate files, not table-format or anything similar...at least, not as far as I can tell. Opening the file(s) with notepad reveals some normal english phrases, some of which seem to be field names, but that's about it; most of the contents are either unreadable characters or what I'm told is compressed data.

Does anyone know of a program or db setup that uses the .wbo extension? The only thing I could find about it online is that it's an 'Unknown or unassigned file extension'. Any advice you can offer on this would be most appreciated.

Thank you for your consideration,

11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by EnderX

a wbo is a web business object which is a synonym for a web object (.wo)

according to filext.com:

WebObjects is a rapid application development environment with web services, data access and page generation capabilities.

I'll check into it, but it's my understanding this program has been in use for at least a decade, which makes me think it unlikely that's what the file is. Still, I appreciate the help.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.