I have a field on a form which is calculated (A minus B). It displays properly on the form with the correct answer. I can't figure out how to get it to pull into a query? My query is pulling any record with that field criteria >0 and no records come up when I run the query altough there should be several with a positive result in the field.

I am a newbie, so please bear with me . . . . thanks in advance for any help.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Calculated fields in forms only exit in the form. You cannot query a calculated field from a form. You can regenerate the calculations in a query based on the same table the form is base on.

Chester

I have a field on a form which is calculated (A minus B). It displays properly on the form with the correct answer. I can't figure out how to get it to pull into a query? My query is pulling any record with that field criteria >0 and no records come up when I run the query altough there should be several with a positive result in the field.

I am a newbie, so please bear with me . . . . thanks in advance for any help.

You need to reproduce your calculated field in a query based on the table(s) your form feeds;(same thing A minus B) and set the criteria of that field to show the range you want. Or set it as a parameter field if you need to ask for different results from time to time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.