I'm a newbie to C++ and am wanting to make a game where Zombies come after you and you slay them, along with jumping, running, shooting, stabbing, well you get the point but idk how. also i have a main menu done but i don't know how to preview it and see the progress and if it's to my liking. please help!

Thanks

MosaicFuneral commented: Learn to prog. and use a forum. -1

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Learn the c++ language first -- don't jump into the deep end of the pool until you know how to swim. A program like you describe will take a firm grasp of the C or C++ language (could be in other languages as well).

Please take Ancient Dragon's advice. If you don't even know how to compile and run a C++ program, you obviously shouldn't be working on a game. Look up tutorials and books on the language so that you can actually get an understanding of how it all works, then practice. And practice a lot. 3D (or 2D) game programming requires A LOT of knowledge on various topics.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.