Has anyone tried (or heard about) this website's tutorials?
I want a good tutorial on openGL for my computer graphics subject's project.
Does it really worth 70$?!
there is a demo available here: http://www.gametutorials.com/gtstore/Download/Demos/GT_Demo.zip

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I have never heard of it, but if they ask $70 for a tutorial my answer would be: No.

Just start with Nehe, it's free and very good.

I'm in agreement with Nick for nehe. Easily the best "get up and running with OpenGL" site in existence. In addition, you can pick up the OpenGL Super Bible for less than $70 and you'll end up knowing a LOT more than a basic tutorial will give you.

I bought the red book and blue book and I did get the OpenGL tutorials off gametutorials.com I would say they are good for learning a bit of stuff but not worth 35 bucks (35 for just OpenGL and DirectX tutorials). NeHe's website is really bad and I would suggest just using the books even tho they use glut. I would look at NeHe's first tutorial just to get the core code for making a window using OpenGL (pixel format and all that) and then use the books and instead of using GLUT transfer it over into the Win32 code.

Just curious, why do you say NeHe is no good?

Hey guys,
A good friend of mine is going to send me some tutorials so I have decided not to buy it.
thank you all for your help. especially sfuo.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.