Hi, maybe can you can help me. I need to write a pascal a program which would read text file from hard disk and would sort all text's words to 3 columns, and would save results to the another file. Let's say that we have no more than 1000 words in the given text file.

Something like that, you have a text:

sdfsdf sdfsdf dfdf sdfsdf, sdfsdf. sdfssdfdf sdfsdf, sdfsdf. sdfsd sdfsndf dfd ....

And I must get a result to 3 colums:

word word word
word word word
word word word
word word word
... .... ....

I would be very thankful if you could help me! ;)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

what have you done thus far in an effort to make this happen? Arte you using ListView? ListBox? RichText?

Post your code so that I and others might see where you are. Please use the tag appropriate for your code.

Hi, maybe can you can help me. I need to write a pascal a program which would read text file from hard disk and would sort all text's words to 3 columns, and would save results to the another file. Let's say that we have no more than 1000 words in the given text file.

Something like that, you have a text:

sdfsdf sdfsdf dfdf sdfsdf, sdfsdf. sdfssdfdf sdfsdf, sdfsdf. sdfsd sdfsndf dfd ....

And I must get a result to 3 colums:

word word word
word word word
word word word
word word word
... .... ....

I would be very thankful if you could help me! ;)

As Squidd says - we need more details. Also, make sure you tell us whether you want to use vanilla Pascal or Delphi - I imagine the former. If you are using Delphi then try not to go down the route of doing this task badly by using visual controls to handle your sorting. b.t.w - what are your sort criteria?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.