Hi,
I am new to Perl and I appreciate if someone can help me.

I have a tab delimited file that contains 100 columns and 300 rows. The first row is the ID. I need first to read the file into a matrix or a table and delete the columns with a specific ID, for example columns with ID that contains the letter "k".

Thanks,

OK, what have you tried so far?

You could use one of those perl CSV modules found at CPAN

Hi there!
i have a very similar problem, and would ask you if found already an solution!
i would be very happy as a perl beginner if you could send me a short script doing this.
(i have 16 columns, have to do the difference col6-col10 and then delete all columns and leave only the 1. and the difference column)
many thanks,
uan

Hi,
I am new to Perl and I appreciate if someone can help me.

I have a tab delimited file that contains 100 columns and 300 rows. The first row is the ID. I need first to read the file into a matrix or a table and delete the columns with a specific ID, for example columns with ID that contains the letter "k".

Thanks,

Be happy to help you if you have put any effort into solving the problem. BUt I will not just write a script for you based on your requirements, this is not a script writing or do-my-homework service.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.