Hi,
I am new to Perl and I appreciate if someone can help me.

I have a tab delimited file that contains 100 columns and 300 rows. The first row is the ID. I need first to read the file into a matrix or a table and delete the columns with a specific ID, for example columns with ID that contains the letter "k".

Thanks,

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

OK, what have you tried so far?

You could use one of those perl CSV modules found at CPAN

Hi there!
i have a very similar problem, and would ask you if found already an solution!
i would be very happy as a perl beginner if you could send me a short script doing this.
(i have 16 columns, have to do the difference col6-col10 and then delete all columns and leave only the 1. and the difference column)
many thanks,
uan

Hi,
I am new to Perl and I appreciate if someone can help me.

I have a tab delimited file that contains 100 columns and 300 rows. The first row is the ID. I need first to read the file into a matrix or a table and delete the columns with a specific ID, for example columns with ID that contains the letter "k".

Thanks,

Be happy to help you if you have put any effort into solving the problem. BUt I will not just write a script for you based on your requirements, this is not a script writing or do-my-homework service.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.