Hi,
I'm new to Perl but I'd like to know more. For this purpose I downloaded the ActivePerl-5.10.0.104-MsWin32 .msi package and installed it on my computer OS XP Home. Xitami, PHP, MySQL were already installed, and PHP can connect to MySQL. Now I run the following code from the command line, file dbimodules.pl:

#!perl

# PERL MODULES WE WILL BE USING
use DBI;
use DBD::mysql

and got the following error message:

C:\Xitami\cgi-bin\>dbimodules.pm
Can't locate loadable object for module DBD::mysql in @INC<@INC contains: C:/Pe
rl/site/lib C:/Perl/lib .> at  C:\Xitami\cgi-bin\dbimodules.pl line 5
Compilation failed in require at C:\Xitami\cgi-bin\dbimodules.pl line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Xitami\cgi-bin\dbimodules.pl line 5.

Perl itself is running fine.
I have been struggling with this problem for days, tried many things, with no success. Could anybody help me?
With regards idbgy

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You need to install DBI and DBD::mysql.

Open the activestate/activeperl folder that was created on the hard drive when you install activeperl and open the documentation. Read the PPM directions which is what you use to install and manage modules with activeperl.

Then see this thread on another forum:

http://bytes.com/forum/thread840298-install+dbd%3A%3Amysql.html

You need to install DBI and DBD::mysql.

Open the activestate/activeperl folder that was created on the hard drive when you install activeperl and open the documentation. Read the PPM directions which is what you use to install and manage modules with activeperl.

Then see this thread on another forum:

http://bytes.com/forum/thread840298-install+dbd%3A%3Amysql.html

Hi KevinADC,

Thanks for your reply. I will follow your instructions.

With regards idbgy

@ KevinADC
After some struggling I succeeded to install DBD:MySql. Now the connection to Mysql is ok. Thanks!
With regards idbgy

I think we all struggled at first installing modules, so welcome to the club. :)

Regards,
Kevin

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.