hey i guess anyone here cud be able to help me.......

i wanna start learning C++ n i dont know where to get a decent C++ compiler.....

i have tried "Borland C++ 4.5" n i dont know why it shows wierd errors to me......

one of my friend who knows a little C++ but does'nt know where to download it from wrote a code to print a sentence n it showed 3 errors, then i tried some online source.....i wrote the beginning code to print a sentence...showed 3 errors again..

then i went to:
cplusplus
n found this code in the tutorial which was pretty much same as my earlier one

// my first program in C++

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main ()
{
  cout << "Hello World!";
  return 0;
}

and it still showed quite some errors

SOO CUD ANY1 HERE PLZ TELL ME WHERE CAN I FIND A FINE COMPILER...I REALLY WANNA LEARN IT....PLZ HELP ME......BEFORE I LOOSE ALL MY INTREST LOL........

THX GUYS...........

Sturm commented: Learn how to spell +0

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try reading the Read Me threads at the beginning of this board. And stop using all caps because its considered very rude to shout at us.

>>and it still showed quite some errors
Can't help you if you don't post the exact error message(s)

i have written the errors in code itself.....

//i have listed the errors as comments

#include <iostream>  // unable to open and include file 'IOSTREAM'
using namespace std;  //Declartion syntax error

int main ()
{
  cout << "Hello World!";  //undefined symbol 'cout' in function main()
  return 0;
}

thx

I think you need to get a newer compiler that supports current c++. Dev-C++ is free and used by many people. Also VC++ 2005 Express is free and actually a better compiler, but a little more difficult to learn how to use. There are several other compilers too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.