Hi,
I have completed my project in all respect but I would like to include all
table and report of Access and Crystal Report respectively in my VB 6 project SETUP FILE.
So. pl help me to include such file while creating SETUP file. If there is no way than I have to make extra exercise of copy paste wherever I install my SETUP file

Keharsingh

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

try to use a third party software like Installshield.It helps a lot when creating setup files.

Will you pl help me where can I find its freeware download ?

You need to include all the desired files along with the application in the set package while creating the setup.

Hi,
I have completed my project in all respect but I would like to include all
table and report of Access and Crystal Report respectively in my VB 6 project SETUP FILE.
So. pl help me to include such file while creating SETUP file. If there is no way than I have to make extra exercise of copy paste wherever I install my SETUP file

Keharsingh

Visit this link :-
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread95540.html

scroll down and goto Reply #8

hope u will get ur answer

have completed my project in all respect but I would like to include all

You can use the package and deployment wizard!

That should handle your Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) installation. But you have to be careful on which version of MDAC you're Package and Deployment Wizard is referencing.

You'll need to check the MDAC_TYP.exe file to see that it matches the version you're using in your program. There are several versions out there.

If you have a copy of Visual Basic 6, Microsoft will allow you to install and download their Microsoft Visual STudio Installer version 1.1 to use with VB6 projects. It doesn't handle some of the older MDAC installs, but it should work with the more recent ones.

You can work around these problems by just making your own custom installer. But you need to make sure that your Crystal ActiveX objects are registered before they can be used on another computer.

The Package and Deployment Wizard usually takes care of this, and the newer Visual Studio Installer also has settings to register ActiveX controls as well.

If you could, I would go with the newer Visual Studio Installer. The commercial packages just access the same features using the Microsoft Installer API's which come free with the Platform SDK.

Hank

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.