Hey there,
I have a large program in Matlab that I have to translate into C. Is there any function or program that can do that automatically?
Thanks,
Patrick

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hey there,
I have a large program in Matlab that I have to translate into C. Is there any function or program that can do that automatically?
Thanks,
Patrick

well the standard C math library has all the simple standards, other than that you need to re-implement your own methods for the mathematics preformed in matlab...I warn you, matlab has its own kernal for interpreting equations and algorithms, this would be extremely hard to implement in C, im sure there are libraries out there to make it easier, but other than that its up to you.

Maybe you can find some way to use the already developed kernal to your own advantage in your program (like creating a program that will make scripts specifically for matlab then feeding the scipt's code into the kernal, unless Matlab already supports some form of scripting).

Well It depends on what version of matlab you have. If you have a matlab version prior to R13 than you can use the matlab compiler to convert matlab codes to C, but due to its limited sucess mathworks has withdrawn this facility in its newer versions (to best of my knowledge). You may like to visit kluid (http://www.kluid.com ) , its a well known website for matlab help, thought it seems they are "restucturing" it and will be back on line on 30 May, 2006.

b4 : ]

Hey there,
Thanks,
Patrick

If there have been no responses for say, a week or so, consider the thread dead and do not resurrect it.

If you must post, then link to the thread in a new thread of your own.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.