Can i display the text scrolling in bottom of my form in vb.net. if can then plz anyone suggest me how to do. i want to display some texts scrolling at the bottom of my form when i load it. how can i do it in vb.net

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

use timer and label.
try this following code :

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
        lbl1.Text = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Right _
       (lbl1.Text, 1) & Microsoft.VisualBasic.Left _
       (lbl1.Text, Len(lbl1.Text) - 1)
    End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Me.Timer1.Enabled = True
        Me.lbl1.Text = " WELCOME -- "
        Me.Timer1.Interval = 200
    End Sub

Ok. Hope This Helps...

use timer and label.
try this following code :

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
        lbl1.Text = Microsoft.VisualBasic.Right _
       (lbl1.Text, 1) & Microsoft.VisualBasic.Left _
       (lbl1.Text, Len(lbl1.Text) - 1)
    End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Me.Timer1.Enabled = True
        Me.lbl1.Text = " WELCOME -- "
        Me.Timer1.Interval = 200
    End Sub

Ok. Hope This Helps...

Thanks a lot. i got it but my problem is that the text should scroll at the bottom of the form from right side of the screen to the left side of the screen. the solution you said is scrolling the text at a particular location. i want the text to scroll at the bottom of form from rightmost end of the screen to leftmost end of the screen. hope you can help me in doing so. thanks a lot once again

Dock your label to the bottom of the form.

as wayne said dock the label to the bottom of the form. set the label background to transparant on web tab.

Thnx a lot for the help. but i m unable to get wht i m trying. hope u can help me more.

i am try to solve your problem with image scroll

This is very simple. In particular, the application receives only filenames and directory names. You can drop a folder onto the viewer or individual files. The current implementation does recurse into sub-folders.

When a drag operation is completed, the application calls GetFiles which parses the DragEventArgs data and adds only files of "jpg", "png", or "bmp" extension. (There isn't any error checking to make sure that those files are actually real image files.)

protected ArrayList GetFiles(DragEventArgs e)
{
ArrayList files=new ArrayList();

if ( (e.AllowedEffect & DragDropEffects.Copy) == DragDropEffects.Copy)
{
Array data=((IDataObject)e.Data).GetData("FileDrop") as Array;
if (data != null)
{
foreach(string fn in data)
{
string ext=Path.GetExtension(fn).ToLower();
if ( (ext==".jpg") || (ext==".png") || (ext==".bmp") )
{
files.Add(fn);
}
else
{
string[] dirFiles=Directory.GetFiles(fn);
foreach(string fn2 in dirFiles)
{
ext=Path.GetExtension(fn2).ToLower();
if ( (ext==".jpg") || (ext==".png") || (ext==".bmp") )
{
files.Add(fn2);
}
}
}
}
}
}
return files;
}

for any web design you can vist http://webdesigningcompany.net

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.