can anyone help me how to create or to make my program a self running and don.t not be open to run.

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

what do you mean by self running ?

If you are trying the program run automatically then create a windows service using .net

what do you mean by self running ?

for example a anti virus it was automatially run when u boot ur PC...
what is that command?

and what is that .net? can u help me on that aspects coz im only 16 y/o and new student

you must access registry to do this or put the program on startup program..

you must access registry to do this or put the program on startup program..

the easiest way is put the program on startup program, you can access this as special folder with vb

"the easiest way is put the program on startup program, you can access this as special folder with vb"

how can i do thaT? and i wan't to do it to the program that is a self-running and it can open with himself

try this following code to copy your program to startup program, but the program must running once to do this. there is none code to make your program running by it self without running before. just one time running and it will running by windows cause windows will running all program in startup program.

Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim mShell
Dim path As String
Set mShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
path = mShell.Specialfolders("Startup")
FileCopy App.EXEName & ".exe", path & "\YourNewRunFileName.exe"
End Sub

for auto running for your program

you have use boot.ini file of window

you have to make changes in window registry

i think you have use a specific event of your progrm with timer in and out event

thanks
http://webdesigningcompany.net

try this following code to copy your program to startup program, but the program must running once to do this. there is none code to make your program running by it self without running before. just one time running and it will running by windows cause windows will running all program in startup program.

Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim mShell
Dim path As String
Set mShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
path = mShell.Specialfolders("Startup")
FileCopy App.EXEName & ".exe", path & "\YourNewRunFileName.exe"
End Sub

is this for vb6?

yes, it is.

can u help to encode and make an exe of that coz i haven;t a compiler now coz the compiler is in my school plzzzzzzzzz

so copy the post, bring it to shcool then compile it.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm but my school day and my laboratory will be on next and i should pass it next week also can any one help me plzzzzz and can any one make an exe of that

tnx

OK.;)
This the project and exe files

Get Startup.zip

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm but my school day and my laboratory will be on next and i should pass it next week also can any one help me plzzzzz and can any one make an exe of that

tnx
again

wow???? i already post the files...

where? plz can u make me that/

OK.
This the project and exe files
Get Startup.zip

see my post 3 days ago. i put an attachment contain file project named Get Startup.Zip

where is that?

you're very .... :ooh:

i'll post the files again. if you can see that files it's not my problem.
look for the attachment below :

Get Startup.zip

OK.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.