Does anyone know of a source of mouse functions for a console application in the visual C++.net developement environment package?
Thanks,
Ross

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Duoas

I don't know about .NET, but the Win32 functions are all listed here: Console Functions (MSDN).

You will need to enable mouse input with SetConsoleMode.
You can read it using ReadConsoleInput.

Use GetStdHandle to get a windows handle for the console input.
Use GetNumberOfConsoleInputEvents to poll for any console input, or use the console input handle with one of the wait functions.

Hope this helps.

[EDIT] Alas, AD, the cursor info is for the little blinking square or underline in the output console display.

[EDIT] Alas, AD, the cursor info is for the little blinking square or underline in the output console display.

Ah yes -- that only sets the size of that blinking cursor. Need to call ReadConsoleInput() to retrieve the mouse events.

The cost of MSDN is way more than a hobby programmer can justify

Those links don't work for you?

[EDIT]
Don't you dare put words in my mouth. If you want to edit your own posts again have fun.

Those links don't work for you?

Don't you dare put words in my mouth. If you want to edit your own posts again have fun.

I agree completely and apologize for that error. I meant to quote your post, not edit it. I removed my post and put it below.

MSDN is FREE for god's sake. www.microsoft.com But I suspect you are talking about the subscriptions which have huge annual fees.

Ah, I understand what happened.

Sorry RossSCann, I thought you had done the edit. (And I had flagged the post as "bad".)

Ah, I understand what happened.

Sorry RossSCann, I thought you had done the edit. (And I had flagged the post as "bad".)

I took care of that too. :)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.