I'm starting a new project (yeah, I need to have more then two concurrent projects!). This project is going to be uncharted territory for me - open source. I call it Blogger.NET, it posts to peoples blogs. Written in C#, compilied to .NET 1.1, its pretty cool ;-).

When I get done with a 0.5, I'll open the source up. Here's a link to some screenshots: http://tekmavengallery.bink.nu/albumListing.aspx?albumID=6&albumName=Blogger.NET

frescko commented: very, very well +0

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hey Tekmaven, explain to me what exactly is a Blogg and why would I want to post to it?

And while you are at it, if I could trouble you to explain the concept of a Portal (i.e. #Portal).

Thanks dude!

A blog, short for WebLog, is sort of like an online journal. It could be used for many things - talking about your day, or talking about a certain issue. Some people have a few blogs - one about a project, one for their personal stuff, etc.

#Portal is a Content Management System (CMS). I'll quote this website: http://www.steptwo.com.au/papers/kmc_what/ for a good definition of a CMS:

A content management system (CMS) supports the creation, management, distribution, publishing, and discovery of corporate information.
It covers the complete lifecycle of the pages on your site, from providing simple tools to create the content, through to publishing, and finally to archiving.
It also provides the ability to manage the structure of the site, the appearance of the published pages, and the navigation provided to the users.
Note that we are focusing on the most common use of a CMS: to manage web content. In some circles, these systems are therefore called web management systems (WMS).

Also, I would like to apologize for taking long to reply. I've been busy and I wanted to give you a well thought, and organized answer.

Thanks for the response, I appreciate the clear concise reply.

Take care!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.