Hello all,
actually i need to open a CHM file when i click on Help's submenu "Documentation",how to do this,how to open a file.Please help me.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

A CHM file is Microsoft's version of a Compiled HTML Help file. Under windows you would just doubleclick on the filename. There is a free utility available to convert .CHM file to .HTML files, which then can be read with any browser. Download from:
http://www.gridinsoft.com/chm.php

Editor's note: In the future, please give your thread a meaningful title.

Hello all,
actually i need to open a CHM file when i click on Help's submenu "Documentation",how to do this,how to open a file.Please help me.

I am not sure, this is best way, but you can use this method as well.

def help():
	os.system('C:\Python25\Doc\Python25.chm')

kath.

I am not sure, this is best way, but you can use this method as well.

def help():
	os.system('C:\Python25\Doc\Python25.chm')

kath.

Hi kath,
thnku very much ur code is working chm file is opening but its opening in a same applications,
whenever i open through ur code,it is opening as child process,coz of this parent process is stopped till i close the newly created process which is chm file
I need to open totally as a separate process.

Yes Sarabhjeet, you are right. I remember, even i was running with this problem, but i had solved it. Unfortunately i dont remember now. Sorry, may be someone will help in this regard.

kath.

Yes Sarabhjeet, you are right. I remember, even i was running with this problem, but i had solved it. Unfortunately i dont remember now. Sorry, may be someone will help in this regard.

kath.

Whatever u have done for me its enough man,thnx for it.I will find solution for it myself.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.